Thursday, August 23, 2007
posted by Tulika Singh at 8/23/2007 12:40:00 PM


Addictive. Smelly.
Independent. Rude.
Fun. Tiring.
Helpful. Indifferent.
Together. Distant.
Big. Congested.
Opportunities. Expensive.
Party. Work.
Bombay. Mumbai

Is so much more..

Over a year and a half and this city has grown on me like the fungus on my unused black Tshirts in monsoons! I miss it when i'm gone, i compare it to every city i go to. I have a list of reasons of loving it n repeat them anytime someone asks y i like it here! I think the bombay bug has bitten me !!

I always compare bombay to quick sand. All you gotta do is step in and the rest is history !
Happy for being independent. Unhappy when it gets lonely.
Happy for getting paid well. Unhappy for spending all i earn on living here.
Happy for the friends i have. Unhappy for how far they stay.
Happy for all the things i can do with my time. Unhappy for the lack of time.
But for now, i'm happy being here in bombay even with all its inconsistencies and congestions.
 
4 Comments:


At 6:59 PM, Blogger N

Aight! This blog's turned into a Bombay blog. Not complaining, but that's what it is :) However, its nice to have you back on blogger! Keep it up...

 

At 11:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Great post... I appreciate.. :)

 

At 2:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

ah you have made some posts since i last checked. hows the experimenting going? find me a job in mombay, something exciting, like say, advertising?

 

At 6:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

Interesting to know.